Our seven QC tools are a classic solution for addressing daily quality problems, responding to customer complaints, and undertaking improvement projects. The seven QC tools consist of:
- A check sheet to collect the right data in a simple manner.
- A Pareto chart to plot work priorities and a work smart approach.
- Stratification; breaking down data into categories so you can make sense of it.
- A fish bone diagram provides structure for brainstorming sessions by immediately sorting ideas into useful categories.
- A scatter diagram examines the relationship between one data and another and the level of relationship.
- Histogram; a representation of frequency distribution that shows how often each value in a set of data occurs.
- A control chart visualizes how is your process is performing.
Why It Is Needed
Eliminating and preventing problems such as recurring quality issues, customer complaints, production failures, and human errors require a systematic approach. The seven QC tools will permanently solve these routine problems and provide more efficient processes and improved customer satisfaction.
The tools solve routine quality problems and customer complaints effectively; prevent recurring problems; enhance employees’ problem solving skills; offer data analysis; and support process improvement activities.
- The practical skills needed to use QC tools’ solving problem abilities effectively.
- QC Tools in Excel templates.